A favourite of Vincent Van Gogh himself, these summery beauties are a sight to behold and July is the perfect time to enjoy them!
Did you Know:
- Sunflowers are the ONLY flower with ‘flower’ in their name?
- They follow the movement of the Sun across the sky from East to West
- They’re the symbol of Faith, Love and Adoration
- They have supersonic growing speeds and can reach a height of 8-12 feet within 6 months, although the Guinness World Record books state that the tallest Sunflower ever recorded was 25feet, 5 ½ inches tall- wow!
- A Sunflower head is actually made up of 1000 to 2000 individual flowers which are joined at the base. So that’s a lot more flower for your money then 😊
- There are more than 60 varieties of the flower found globally
- And one more… Sunflower oil is amazing! It’s full of minerals like calcium, iron, Vit A and Vit D
These flowers are hugely popular Summer wedding flowers, and they can add a gorgeous pop of sunshine colour to your décor.
If you’re purchasing Sunflowers to enjoy at home, here’s a few Top Tips to ensure you get the best out of them:
- Trim the stem diagonally with a sharp knife
- Use a glass vase filled with approx. 7cm of room temp tap water
- Don’t forget to add the flower food to the water
- Keep them in a room with an ideal temp of no more than 20 degrees
- Keep them out of draughts, direct sunlight and avoid leaving them beside a fruit bowl
- Sunflowers are thirsty so be sure to keep the vase topped up
We stock Sunflowers here in our Longridge based shop (and this month we have a special 10% discount offer for anyone who quotes ‘Team Passion Facebook/Instagram’ when purchasing in store!) We’d also love you to tag and share your Sunflower pics with us on Facebook and Instagram.